Author Topic: McClure knew about xenotropic mlvs in human cell lines in 2008  (Read 1464 times)

Robyn

Re: McClure knew about xenotropic mlvs in human cell lines in 2008
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 06:29:24 PM »
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but seems interesting.  1964 was the year my brother died from leukemia. 

Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1964 Jan;115:151-6.
VIRUS-LIKE PARTICLES IN HUMAN LEUKEMIC PLASMA.
BURGER CL, HARRIS WW, ANDERSON NG, BARTLETT TW, KNISELEY RM.

asleep

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 06:30:07 PM »
Yet another case of the contaminationists trying to have it both ways:

On one hand, Coffin claims that XMRV in 22Rv1 is the result of a recombination event (during xenograft passage) that is soooo improbable that it could never have happened twice.

Yet on the other hand, here is McClure assuming that this precise event did happen a second time (at least) in a completely independent cell line.

Which is it Coffin? You can't have it both ways.

Robyn

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 06:40:45 PM »
It's like I've said they forget the lies that were used to cover the previous lies.

Tango

• Paprotka et al. 2011 is a bust!
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 06:47:25 PM »
They will claim that 22Rv1 infected Jurkat.  But they never do have the information to back that up.
"I suspect there have been a number of conspiracies that never were described or leaked out. But I suspect none of the magnitude and sweep of Watergate." Woodward

"I would favor any name that does not impose (or give the appearance of imposing) taxonomic preconceptions on the nomenclature." Coffin

Justin Reilly

• ME not "CFS"!
Warning: Nutty Conspiracy Theory
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 11:44:16 PM »
So the MuLV contamination in the TZM-bl and Jurkat cell lines came from hypothetical passage through mice that they infer must have happened.  So did the contamination of the A3.01/F7 cell line with GALV result from passage of the cell line through Gibbon apes?  That sounds awfully expensive

Wow, good point! 

What are the possible scenarios for how GALV originated?  Is it a mutated MLV?  One that was produced by passaging a cell line through mice, creating a vaccine or in some other way created in the lab and then spread to Gibbons?

Another scenario is suggested by a conspiracy theory I am reading about in Dr. Mary's Monkey.  The author claims that David Ferrie, a CIA contractor in the 1960s, was doing homemade experiments on thousands of mice in an apartment infecting them with cancer-causing monkey viruses.  Ferrie got alopecia totalis (my cousine has this and ME), an auto-immune reaction where all hair falls out and never regrows.  Perhaps this was a result of becoming infected with these viruses.  Dr. Mary Sherman from Tulane med school was supposedly involved in this and she was murdered. 

(Ferrie trained cuban rightists and mafia to fly planes for the CIA, hung out with Oswald and was a gay pedophile priest, but that's another story.) 

Immediately after New Orleans DA Jim Garrison announced David Ferrie was a suspect in the JFK assasination case, Ferrie was found dead in his apartment.  David Ferrie was played by Joe Pesci in Oliver Stone's JFK.  I know this sounds a little nutty, but it seems like these experiments or similar ones (if they happened) conducted by the government could at least theoretically be connected with GALV appearing in cell lines and/or MLV mutations.

In this latter scenario, (this is my speculation) government experiments would have introduced GALV to mice and the the A3.01/F7 cell line resulted from these experiments or the infection spread from the cell-lines used in the government experiments to the A3.01/F7 cell-line.

What do people think?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 06:35:52 AM by Justin Reilly »
Silence = A Living Death

Karin

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 11:51:10 PM »
I'd be interested to know if XMRV would be theoretically able to infect the WI-38, MRC-5 or Vero cell lines, which are the three cell lines used for human vaccine production.

Tango

• Paprotka et al. 2011 is a bust!
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 12:03:27 AM »
I don't think we need to go there right now.  They will have to research all this eventually.
"I suspect there have been a number of conspiracies that never were described or leaked out. But I suspect none of the magnitude and sweep of Watergate." Woodward

"I would favor any name that does not impose (or give the appearance of imposing) taxonomic preconceptions on the nomenclature." Coffin

Karin

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 12:25:38 AM »
Yes, I agree, I was just curious. If it can though - and you can bet they already looked - this in itself might explain the intensity of the denial. Imagine the liability issues that would result from this for the vaccine manufacturers... Not saying it happened or anything, just wondering and thinking aloud.

ltattoo

• me-cfs, 15 yrs
    • Moineau En France: New Poetry by Laura Tattoo
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 01:42:39 AM »
and... all the rush through congress to indemnify the vaccine makers in the u.s., right?
If you haven't lived something, it is not true. ~Kabir

Justin Reilly

• ME not "CFS"!
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 06:36:28 AM »
and... all the rush through congress to indemnify the vaccine makers in the u.s., right?

right...
Silence = A Living Death

Angela Kennedy

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 06:51:44 AM »
It's like I've said they forget the lies that were used to cover the previous lies.

OMG, that is so true!  ;D ;D :o :o ??? ::) :( ;)