Author Topic: Ila Singh drops the bomb  (Read 15304 times)

Nina

• Verlorene Zeit
Re: Ila Singh drops the bomb
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »
fairly obviously the wrong cohort the patients with "CFS" in the Light study did not have cytokine profiles consistent with a HGRV infection  and were more consistent with chronic anxiety states

It can't just be the cohort issue... What about the ~7% in healthies? In 200 people, there should be some positives.
You all everbody!

Tino

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 03:40:37 PM »
We also analyzed samples from patients in the original study that reported XMRV in CFS. We did not find XMRV or related MLVs, either as viral sequences or infectious virus, nor did we find antibodies to these viruses in any of the patient samples, including those from the original study.

Can you please explain what they mean, are they saying that WPI tested negatives as positives?

Gerwyn

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 03:41:08 PM »
How oddly blatant it is that a CAA-funded research group participated in this negative study. The fingerprints at the scene scream out that this combination of researchers suggests something distasteful. ""Follow the money" has never been more fitting...

yes I was trying to point out that the patients in the light,s excercise study didn,t have  ME  but had chronic fatigue of psychological causes

look at the cytokine profiles when you have a chance  chronic anxiety/psychological stress

I cant find the critique I posted at the time   no doubt we will have the usual influx of defenders

Robyn

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 03:41:28 PM »
This part does not look good:  We also analyzed samples from patients in the original study that reported XMRV in CFS. We did not find XMRV or related MLVs, either as viral sequences or infectious virus, nor did we find antibodies to these viruses in any of the patient samples, including those from the original study.
"If Freedom of Speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter,"
George Washington

Tango

• Paprotka et al. 2011 is a bust!
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 03:41:34 PM »
No, it depends on the methodology and even then...
"I suspect there have been a number of conspiracies that never were described or leaked out. But I suspect none of the magnitude and sweep of Watergate." Woodward

"I would favor any name that does not impose (or give the appearance of imposing) taxonomic preconceptions on the nomenclature." Coffin

Nina

• Verlorene Zeit
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »
You all everbody!

Jenny80

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 03:42:14 PM »

Gerwyn

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »
Can you please explain what they mean, are they saying that WPI tested negatives as positives?

so their assays didnt work then

Tango

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 03:42:55 PM »
We now know why McCleary was congratulating TWiV.  This was prepared in advance.
"I suspect there have been a number of conspiracies that never were described or leaked out. But I suspect none of the magnitude and sweep of Watergate." Woodward

"I would favor any name that does not impose (or give the appearance of imposing) taxonomic preconceptions on the nomenclature." Coffin

subtr4ct

• Just came to freak you out, baby
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 03:43:17 PM »
Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor.  This post is not medical advice.  Consult your physician before taking any action.

Tango

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 03:43:54 PM »
PCR for viral nucleic acids. Four different quantitative PCR assays were developed that detect different regions of the viral genome.

That is not the Lombardi methodology

Gerwyn

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 03:44:36 PM »
Yes.

But this is not as bad as it looks, as all it apparently demonstrates is the Assay used (I am presuming it's Ila Singhs) cannot detect MLV's and XMRV.

Yes it means that singhs assays could not detect XMRV/PMLV in known clinical positives   a typical CAA sponsored attempt at derailing research  who allowed this to be published?

Gerwyn

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 03:45:46 PM »
That is not the Lombardi methodology

yes and now we know that the assays could not detect HGRVs in clinically positive samples

Tango

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 03:46:19 PM »
They used Fukuda and At enrollment, subjects were screened to
109 determine if they met the Canadian consensus criteria (1),

Nina

• Verlorene Zeit
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 03:46:58 PM »
Racaniello claims they used CCC as well.
You all everbody!