Author Topic: One of our rebuttal letters has been published!!! (Hohn et al )  (Read 4029 times)

Tango

• Paprotka et al. 2011 is a bust!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:25:30 PM by v99 »
"I suspect there have been a number of conspiracies that never were described or leaked out. But I suspect none of the magnitude and sweep of Watergate." Woodward

"I would favor any name that does not impose (or give the appearance of imposing) taxonomic preconceptions on the nomenclature." Coffin

Jaz

Re: One of our rebuttal letters has been published!!! (Hohn et al )
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 05:36:36 AM »
Great, thanks for posting this V.  I thought Gerwyn was having people edit his paper before it went out.  I'd gladly help out with that if needed.  I think it would look more professional with periods at the end of paragraphs for instance.

I am very glad that Gerwyn is writing these rebuttals for all of us.  Thank you Gerwyn.   :-*
The goal is not to bring your adversaries to their knees but to their senses. -- Gandhi

awol

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 09:39:40 AM »
Yes Ger, please, give us a chance to clean these things up before you post. We want you to have all the credibility you deserve. Spelling and grammar mistakes can get in the way of that, as can sub-optimal referencing.

Thanks for all the work you are doing on this!

awol

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 10:25:13 AM »
p.s.

Ger, thanks for responding to RRM (sic). I love the bit about Afghanistan.  ;D

Tango

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 02:34:31 PM »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:37:01 PM by v99 »
"I suspect there have been a number of conspiracies that never were described or leaked out. But I suspect none of the magnitude and sweep of Watergate." Woodward

"I would favor any name that does not impose (or give the appearance of imposing) taxonomic preconceptions on the nomenclature." Coffin

flex

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 02:49:28 PM »
well.done geRwyn you are have such a briLL:iant Scieteefic mind

BOLLOCKS!!
"when the seagulls follow the trawler it is          because they know sardines will be thrown into the sea"

Phyfe

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »
Way to go Ger!!!  Keep up the good work!!!! :)

Patricia

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 05:56:36 PM »
Congratulations, Gerwyn!  This is an excellent letter.
Never be bullied into silence; speak your truth even when your voice shakes.

Tango

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »
Ger has thrown the second curve ball in his response to RRM

Tango

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 01:29:28 PM »
This guy RRM is really funny.   ::)

adustymiller

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 02:09:05 PM »
Hate to rain on your parade here, but from the standpoint of an accomplished scientist, Gerwyn's comments on the PLoS site make him look like a fool. Beyond the poor spelling and grammar, he is trying to defend the same errors in logic that he advanced on this forum in response to my statements. Too bad; his really doesn't help the cause of ME/CFS patients.

Tango

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 02:11:54 PM »
I guess you just can't help yourself Dusty.  Do you want to know the truth, or are you out to bash sick people?

Still you put forward no defence for not using a positive clinical sample or use of the unsafe IAP assay, that you have concerns about.

Do you imagine that you are immune from ME/CFS yourself?  I hope you are right, because you will have wasted funding and time.

As we know Mikovits and Ruscetti also share the same concerns as Gerwyn and I for that matter, do you think they are foolish to?  Can you answer that question?

jace

• Jane Clout
    • peoplewithME
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 02:12:59 PM »
Wow, you really are a nice person to tell us that, Dr Miller **dripping with sarcasm** when you are so wrong, and all.
IinME  All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. MEactionUK

Tango

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 02:14:02 PM »
Hate to rain on your parade here, but from the standpoint of an accomplished scientist, Gerwyn's comments on the PLoS site make him look like a fool. Beyond the poor spelling and grammar, he is trying to defend the same errors in logic that he advanced on this forum in response to my statements. Too bad; his really doesn't help the cause of ME/CFS patients.

jace

• Jane Clout
    • peoplewithME
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 02:15:37 PM »
Dusty, you can have some of my blood, if you'll let me inject it into you, subcutaneously.  You may tell, your posts are now making me cross (in a non-involved way)
IinME  All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. MEactionUK