Author Topic: ***OPEN TO ALL*** VOTE DAILY for ME/FM Charity to Win $20,000!  (Read 2287 times)

CFSBOSTON

This is a daily voting contest for $20,000 which lasts from Feb. 26th until Mar. 29th, 2013.

To vote, go to the contest webpage: http://www.sharethebounty.ca/charities.php ,

Click on 'N' and the National ME/FM Action Network is right near the top of the list.

Voting just started and the National ME/FM Action Network is in second place so we really have a chance to win!

Please share the news!

--------------------------------------------------

Vote Now for Canada’s Main ME/FM Charity to Win $20,000!
by Sasha
February 26, 2013

The first thing to say about this: you don’t need Facebook!

The second thing: you don’t have to be in Canada to vote!

The third thing… well, time to give you the details…

Nature’s Bounty, a long-established manufacturer of vitamins and food
supplements, is running an online voting contest for Canadian
charities. The National ME/FM Action Network has entered.

The Action Network is probably best-known internationally for
spearheading the development of the Canadian Consensus Criteria.

It’s hard to overstate the importance of rigorous diagnostic criteria
in this disease: we all owe the Action Network a debt for this
contribution to diagnosis and research. The Network also hosted the
2011 IACFS/ME Conference in Ottawa. But as well as these international
achievements, for the past twenty years the Action Network has
supported patients through advocacy, education, information, and
promoting research. It’s the main charity for the 750,000 people in
Canada with ME or FM.

So it’s well worth supporting the Action Network in the contest. The
top three winners will get $20,000, $10,000 and $5,000 respectively.
Of the remaining charities, three will be chosen at random to each win
$5,000. US dollars and Canadian dollars are worth the same: $20,000 is
about £13,000 or 15,000 Euros. That would be a considerable boost to
any national ME/FM charity.

Voting opens on Tuesday, 26 February, and continues with one vote
allowed per day until Friday, 29 March.

At the time of writing, voting instructions have not appeared but if
you go to the Nature’s Bounty contest webpage, all should become clear
on the day.

There’s a big push behind the Action Network for this contest: a team
of supporters has already been posting widely on the net to drum up
support. Let’s help them win.

Got any questions? We’ve got a thread for that! The competition looks
straightforward but the first post in this thread will be updated with
instructions and help if any problems emerge.

Have you heard about other contests? Many, many small prize contests
are announced in local papers, on the radio, and so on. If you notice
any, please message helen41 so that she and the fundraising team can
look into them. Every dollar helps!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 02:56:02 AM by BOSTON »

CFSBOSTON

Re: ****OPEN TO ALL*** VOTE DAILY for ME/FM Charity to Win $20,000!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 02:55:04 AM »
We've dropped to 4th place.  "very strong Animal groups voting."

Need to make the Top 3 to get any $$$$.

VOTE. VOTE. VOTE.     It takes ~10 seconds to do!

Int'l ME/FM advocacy benefits us all!

maryb

Re: ***OPEN TO ALL*** VOTE DAILY for ME/FM Charity to Win $20,000!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 01:09:03 PM »
They need every vote - brilliant that anyone can vote but not so that they've only got 6500 so far - from all around the world - really!!!

http://www.sharethebounty.ca/charities.php

CFSBOSTON

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 01:49:30 AM »
... they've only got 6500 so far - from all around the world - really!!!
It's so disheartening.  We need to be marching/rolling the streets....and we cannot even get it together to do online voting.

WE NEED A POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE!!!!

VOTE. VOTE. VOTE.  IT'S SO EASY TO WIN STUFF LIKE THIS!!!!

maryb

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 10:26:35 AM »
It's so disheartening.  We need to be marching/rolling the streets....and we cannot even get it together to do online voting.

WE NEED A POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE!!!!

VOTE. VOTE. VOTE.  IT'S SO EASY TO WIN STUFF LIKE THIS!!!!

I agree - can't do the marching/rolling:) but can certainly do the online stuff - even with the most disabling headache it takes a minute as you say - sometimes I really want to swear......

http://www.sharethebounty.ca/charities.php

michel

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 10:49:02 AM »
I am voting every day. like an admin from ME/CFS fundraising facebook group it´s really big disappointment for me/ us. In the first moment it can look little bit optimistic we get around 600 daily votes so it looks a bit better that there are 600 patients but no. I know the people who bring more than 50 daily votes from friends/ family. So let´s be a bit optimistic if each patients in average bring 5 daily votes from family and friends it means that there are maximum 100 patients who joined (I think this number is even less).

We did enormemous campaign - contacted almost all the big forums, web sites, facebook pages, ME organisations There are people who vote from all over the world and we got only 100 patients involved. it´s even more sad because you dont ask about a big job - it takes less than 1 minute.

How you write Boston we cannot achieve anything with these numbers. if the patients will not wake up we will not move. they have to understand that noone will do this job for them. they have to invest some daily minutes of their free time for ME activities.

Currently I am trying to change it. I started a discussion with some organisations that we need to do an effectiv communication channel - so if there will be a call for an action all our ME organisations, forums, web/facebook pages, support groups will get this information quickly and then they will post on their pages about this action and send email about to their members (most of the organisations have mailing list with members adresses). This communication channel should be also throught a mailing list but there has to be an agreement that if you get an email with this international effort - you will put it like a priority because sometimes it takes even weeks to get an answer. then in each ME community has to be a discussion that the patients have to join the activities. So it would work like if someone get an idea about an action which succes would depend on big numbers of patients. He writes a poster/information article about his idea - then he will send just 1 email throught that mailing list with ME organisations, forums,......, patients email adresses. Then the ME organisations will put the publicity on their web sites and send email to their contacts. So there will be just small work for us. Now, when we do a publicity for example for a contest - it takes us days. we have to ask all the organisations - sometimes we wait for an answer days or even weeks or there is no answer. it cannot continue like this - with our limited energy we have to work more effectively

even if we are not able to do demonstrations (which is I think the easiest way how we could change our situation). there are a lot of other things what we can do in advocacy, fundraising,...but with such a small support which we can see for all our activities we will not move

Patricia

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 03:14:03 PM »
We did enormemous campaign - contacted almost all the big forums, web sites, facebook pages, ME organisations

Just to be clear, Michel, you did NOT contact mecfsforums.  The first time a notice of this contest was posted on mecfsforums was on March 3 when Boston posted her message which begins this thread.  Unless BOSTON and maryb are part of your group, your message today is the first notice from your group.

Does this mean that we are not a "big forum" and therefore unworthy of your group's attention?

What organizations did your group contact?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:27:18 PM by Wildaisy »
Never be bullied into silence; speak your truth even when your voice shakes.

michel

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 03:56:41 PM »
wildaisy, it´s possible that we didnt contact you but it doesnt mean that we think that your forum is unworthy. We need the help of everyone. even if I dont agree with everything what was said on this forum I would like to see our community to work together and to achieve the things together.

I think our situation is so complicated that we cannot agree with everyone and everything - I see it on myself that with some difficult topic in our community I dont know often who is right. I dont know exactly if Boston or maryb are the part of our group (they are not admins) but maybe they subsribed but I dont recognise their names maybe they use other names on facebook.

It´s certainly our "mistake" that we didnt contact you. We have still big reserves in contacting the other groups. We do it a bit chaotically - so everyone is contacting everyone and try to post everywhere and sometimes it´s not efficace and we also forget some groups. I personally contacted a lot of groups and organisations in all over the world and made the posts on a lot of places and asked the people who have connections to a lot of groups if they can do a publicity for this contest in their community (especially in Australia and Canada).
That´s also why I mentioned here that we are trying to build an effective communication channel to do the things more efficace, faster and to save more energy. The things go a bit slowly because a lot of people are too busy or tired but if it will be prepared I would like that you will be in the group. How I already said then it would work that someone prepare a material for an action which needs international support to reach the most patients possible, then we will send just one email to all the contacts - for example you get the email and you will just post the material on this forum (we have experiences that it´s more possible that the patients will follow an action if it´s made by a well known person in a community) and send an email to your subscribers - of cours if you will like the concret action because it can happend that not everyone will agree with every action.

So wildaisy, I will certainly contact you if there will be the next contest - even I hope that there will be already that effective communication channel for the next time.

CFSBOSTON

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 09:50:23 PM »
wildaisy, it´s possible that we didnt contact you but it doesnt mean that we think that your forum is unworthy. We need the help of everyone. even if I dont agree with everything what was said on this forum I would like to see our community to work together and to achieve the things together.
Thank you Michel for your efforts.  We need more people like you in our community. 

It is the CFS patient-base that disheartens me the most.  I seriously wish that they would WAKE-UP!!! This could be easy money.  It frustrates me that patients are all soooooo naive, but it's not their fault that they are naively following a bunch of fraudster "leaders."

Here on this forum, we are promoting this campaign every day.  Where is CAA or PR?  Why aren't they plastering this campaign (like their psycho-self-harm-inflicting-guy? Or their patient walking across a State?)  They couldn't give two s#its.   So, I see why WilDaisy is offended.

Going forward, please make mecfsforums.com top on your list.  It is the #1 research forum, with the most progressive research and members.

I appreciate your efforts! :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:35:06 AM by BOSTON »

Patricia

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 02:05:34 PM »
Never be bullied into silence; speak your truth even when your voice shakes.

michel

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 07:06:13 PM »
Thanks Boston. But to be fair CAA and PR also promote this contest and if I remember correctly this cooperation was always good. There were some organisations in the past which didnt cooperate too much because they thought that it´s not worth to do it but we got slowly their confience and now the cooperation with promoting is much better. if we will get more patients support we can achieve much more.
I also hope that after a lot of fights in our community we will still be able to work together if someone propose a good idea

Robyn

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 08:34:21 PM »
I will help promote any cause that is for actual advocating and defending of the patients and who's goal is to work towards improving our situation with biomedical research, effective treatments , and working towards finding a cure.

And that would not include the CAA or WPI.  The CAA had over 25 years to prove themselves, and failed. WPI received the income from their privately owned clinical lab and have answered no questions regarding what went on regarding those tests or data. And that was just one of the issues, we all know the rest. Oh and didn't they tell us to vote for the CAA?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:49:15 PM by Robyn »

CFSBOSTON

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 08:57:34 PM »
But to be fair CAA and PR also promote this contest and if I remember correctly this cooperation was always good.
CAA & PR entitled to fairness -- that's funny.   Neither would want a legitimate National ME/FM organization to win money, because legit advocacy would compete against their mindful circus.

If either organization plastered this campaign (like the self-harm guy or the walk-across-state kid), it would easily WIN in ~1 day's time -- as all the sheeple naively follow their nonsense.

Don't be fooled that CAA or PR are actually helping this campaign, because they are not.

Robyn

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 09:26:27 PM »
Well I didn't put PR in as I have not been over there in months so I'm not sure what their agenda is.  I know they threw Cort out and that was a major plus since he's all about money, donations and has always partnered with the CAA. He's now made a permanent home on WPI facebook so that just shows more of his character.  Hopefully they could turn it around but first they would need to throw off the trolls that are allowed from what i've heard to further victimize the actual patients there. I guess time will tell.  It always does. 

CFSBOSTON

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »
We are in 4th place..only $$$ for Top3....and only 70 votes to make-up the gap.

We can win this people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just plastered ~30 FMS groups in Australia & UK (i.e., until Facebook cut me off  :P).  Hopefully that helps push us over the top! 

"THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!"