Author Topic: Dr. Mikovits nominated for Woman of the Year on Yahoo's Shine, 12/3/2011  (Read 1368 times)

Patricia

• Administrator
http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/gets-vote-shines-woman-233400611.html

Please stop by and give a thumbs up for these two nominations of Dr. Mikovits.

Wildaisy

I also nominate Dr. Judy Mikovits for Woman of the Year.  I have been sick with a chronic illness, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, for 25 years, and the research she has done has given me hope when I had lost all hope.  She is an extraordinary woman as well as being an excellent, accomplished scientist, and she has saved many lives through her research, by giving us hope.

Granada Massage

I nominate Dr. Judy Mikovits who has given her all to finding the cause of myalgic encephalomyelitis, erroneously known as chronic fatigue SYNDROME. With 6 million sufferers in the US alone, and only $6 million allocated to research on it, patients with the disease have been ignored or denigrated for 3 decades. Hay fever and erectile dysfunction research get better funding. Dr. Judy Mikovits for woman of the year.       

Who Gets Your Vote for Shine's Woman of the Year?

By Jessica Ashley, Senior Editor, Parenting | Work + Money

Who should be Shine's Woman of the Year?It has been a tumultuous news year, say the editors at TIME, and they're asking readers to look back on it with them as they decide the Person of the Year. As we perused the list, which includes both the 1% and the 99%, we loved seeing which candidates could earn the 2011 honor and considering who might be the "people's choice."

While only eight of the 32 TIME candidates are individual women, the choices are certainly women many of us have strong opinions about -- whether it's based on politics (Michele Bachmann, Hillary Clinton), matrimony (Kate Middleton, Kim Kardashian), or media frenzy (Casey Anthony).

Because Shine is a place where we love strong opinions and because we are all about giving out awards at the end of each year, we're putting together our own list of noteworthy candidates. But our list is all ladies.

Who do you think deserves to be Shine's Woman of the Year 2011? Tell us!

Is it someone who made big news several times over like gun violence survivor Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords?

Or someone who made a splash in her own way, like 48-year old Penny Palfrey, who set the world record for longest solo unassisted swim?

We want to hear from you! Which woman deserves Shine's best title for 2011?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:55:14 AM by Wildaisy »
Never be bullied into silence; speak your truth even when your voice shakes.

polly

Re: Dr. Mikovits nominated for Woman of the Year on Yahoo's Shine, 12/3/2011
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 07:39:45 AM »
heres my comment

Dr. Judy Mikovits is certainly my woman of the year . She has given me hope that one day in the not so distant future I will be well again and not just me millions of people worldwide . For a scientists like Dr Mikovits to genuingly care about the people she is studying is outstanding . For a woman to be able to stand her ground in the scientific world is outstanding . For a woman to have the guts to go where other scientists dare not is outstanding . None of us asked for this illness . None of us wanted our illness to become a political battle ground, all any of us wanted was hope that one day there would be a cure . Judy has given us hope . She is an amazing woman with a brain the size of a planet .

theres also a comment by someone called Allison ......... Judy Mitkovics for outstanding research on the debilitating and devastating disesase Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

please click like on all comments and boost their ratings .
the truth is out there

Patricia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 09:49:15 AM »
Thank you Polly, and also thanks to Allison.  I clicked thumbs up for both of your comments.  I encourage everyone to click thumbs up for all four of the nominating Mikovits comments:

Granada Massage
Wildaisy
Allison
Pollycbr125

I also invite anyone else who is inclined to also nominate Dr. Mikovits to do so and let us know here so we can click thumbs up for the nomination.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:28:29 AM by Wildaisy »

Justin Reilly

• ME not "CFS"!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 10:37:14 AM »
Good idea guys.  left a comment and some likes.
Silence = A Living Death

Patricia

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 11:06:40 AM »
Thank you, Justin.  I gave your comment a thumbs up too.  It looks like the Mikovits nominations are moving up from getting so many thumbs up's too. 

Allspice321

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 11:24:33 PM »
I left a comment and likes. I also voted down some of the others. Give Judy a chance. I will promote where I can.

Elle

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 07:10:53 AM »
Its great to see more women nominating and voting for Dr Judy Mikovits, which must come as a surprise to the people at Shine who suggested uninspiring self-serving celebrities, politicans included. Will they be brave enough, or will they back down like Time did last year in refusing to give the Person of the Year to Julian Assange, opting for the politically safer "yesterday's hero" Mark Zuckerberg?

I think it also helps to vote for comments like this one from Alicia: "I would like to suggest the woman who wins the award should have made a great contribution to society. Just surviving or looking good shouldn't qualify as that applies to LOTS of women in the USA." How true! I believe voting for comments like this helps put our nominations and votes for Judy in perspective. I just hope Shine "gets" it.

MoonShadow

• 25 yrs, + many co-infections
"Give REAL ME/cfs/+co-morbid infections to "Every Politician" and we WILL have Plenty of Funding within a Month."

Cytokine

• Not always popular, but maybe a little necessary
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »
Dr. Judy Mikovits: Shine's Reader's Choice Woman of the Year 2011

Scroll Down to see her picture !!

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/shines-woman-2011-she-210200472.html

http://niceguidelines.blogspot.com/2011/12/dr-judy-mikovits-shines-readers-choice.html

SHE WON!  :)  Well done Judy.

At least I think she won....but you wouldn't think so by the Yahoo site. Why is she last on the picture list behind the runners up? Yahoo seem to be trying to hide fact. Not the result they wanted?

The Yahoo page could do with some comments about Judy.

Perhaps this should have a new thread so more people notice, maybe? I'll leave someone else to start it, if so. :)
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

MoonShadow

• 25 yrs, + many co-infections
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 01:03:18 AM »
Yes.. Indeed.... The Editor's gave their award, but they counted down (literally)
to  build suspense for The "Reader's Choice" Winner.

I second the motion for more comments  :-*
"Give REAL ME/cfs/+co-morbid infections to "Every Politician" and we WILL have Plenty of Funding within a Month."

Justin Reilly

• ME not "CFS"!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 04:07:14 AM »
Yay Judy!!

Judy Mikovits- Shine's Reader's Choice Woman of the Year 2011 Winner: Researcher Judy Mikovits. Her breakthrough studies of chronic fatigue syndrome made her a hero to many. But her firing and felony arrests late this year cast her in a suspicious and controversial light. Shine readers rallied around her, making Mikovits your overwhelming winner.
Silence = A Living Death

bakercape

• I trust Dr.Mikovits.
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 05:43:08 PM »
SHE WON!  :)  Well done Judy.

At least I think she won....but you wouldn't think so by the Yahoo site. Why is she last on the picture list behind the runners up? Yahoo seem to be trying to hide fact. Not the result they wanted?

Ya really.
“Any man who is attached to things of this world is one who lives in ignorance and is being consumed by the snakes of his own passions”
― Black Elk

maryb

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 07:34:20 PM »
It is really appalling she is not in the big picture, like someone said was it not the result they wanted?? very poor.